For a child ("kid") aged 12 or under to participate in the Fiddle Hell In Person (“FHIP”) program presented by Fiddle Hell Massachusetts LLC in 2022, a parent or legal guardian aged 18 or older is required to register the child, and to read and agree to the following terms.
I am the parent or legal guardian aged 18 or older of the child 12 or under identified in this registration. I understand that KIDS (12 or under) are required to have an accompanying, responsible adult (18+) at the 2022 Fiddle Hell Massachusetts Festival with them AT ALL TIMES, INCLUDING IN EACH SESSION. Non-Playing Parents are requested to sit in the back of the session room if space is tight. The accompanying adult is responsible for the kid’s safe and non-disruptive participation in and/or attendance at Fiddle Hell Festival activities (whether during Nov 3-6, 2022, or before or after these dates), including following all FH rules and policies whether general or COVID-related. Since the kid may be using Whova on a mobile device (phone, tablet) and/or laptop or desktop, to comply with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA), the accompanying adult should ensure that the kid avoids sharing on Whova any personal information, including but not limited to the kid's name, Whova display name (which should be anonymized), address, phone number, revealing chat postings, self photos or other photos of kids under 12. I understand that the accompanying adult must be registered at Fiddle Hell as an Adult, Young Adult, Senior, or Non-Playing Parent.
I agree to abide by this agreement and restrict the disclosure of any Personal Information of my child at any time during my child’s participation in FHIP even if I am comfortable with my child’s Personal Information being shared. The limits outlined, which I am agreeing to for myself and on behalf of my child, are due to the partially online nature of this event and the associated requirements of COPPA for child participants. IT IS NOT AN OPTION TO PROVIDE CONSENT FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION OF MY CHILD TO BE SHARED, OR TO SHARE ANY OF MY CHILD’S PERSONAL INFORMATION. Because COPPA allows consent to be revoked at any time by a parent; the actions required of Fiddle Hell Massachusetts LLC in association with a revoked consent could be burdensome and challenging to comply with.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. I irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or based upon this agreement or my participation in FHO.
© 2020-2022 by Fiddle Hell Massachusetts LLC
Under COPPA, collection of information includes the following actions:
- Request, prompt, or encourage the submission of information, even if it’s optional;
- Let information be made publicly available (for example, with an open chat or posting function) unless you take reasonable measures to delete all or virtually all personal information before postings are public and delete all information from your records; or
- Passively track a child online. [Fiddle Hell Massachusetts LLC does not conduct any sort of tracking of children online.]
Each of these is considered personal information under COPPA:
- Full name;
- A photo, video, or audio file containing a child’s image or voice;
- Home or physical address, including street name and city or town;
- Online contact information like an email address or other identifier that permits someone to contact a person directly – for example, an IM identifier, VoIP identifier, or video chat identifier;
- Screen name or user name where it functions as online contact information;
- Telephone number;
- Social Security number;
- A persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different sites, including a cookie number, an IP address, a processor or device serial number, or a unique device identifier;
- Geolocation information sufficient to identify a street name and city or town; or
- Other information about the child or parent that is collected from the child and is combined with one of these identifiers.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY POLICIES: